web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, December 14, 2007

A Fallen Ballerina

My tutu arrived and I love it. It does make me feel a little fat, but I refuse to starve myself anymore like I used to when I was ten or fifteen pounds lighter. Unfortunately, the tutu does remind me of how I used to look when I practiced ballet for hours a day.

I'm a little rusty dancing on point, but I decided to try a few spins . I had forgotten just how much toe shoes hurt. Ouch!

What can I say? Toe shoes are slippery and so are my floors. I cracked my chin open and pulled a muscle in my back. I could probably use a couple of stitches, but I don't feel like going to the ER, so I just taped the wound closed. It should be okay. What's one more ballet injury?
Next time, I'm practicing in rubber soled shoes.



~ Home

7 Comments:

At 12/14/2007 08:24:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

LOL on this one. Great post!

 
At 12/15/2007 02:04:00 AM, Blogger may said...

even if you fell, if it's any consolation, you looked great wearing the tutu :)

 
At 12/15/2007 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The tutu looks great. It makes you look like you weight about a hundred pounds soaking wet, by the way. I wish I were as "fat" as you!

 
At 12/15/2007 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Well now you don't have to buy a halloween costume for next year, but you are gonna freeze your butt off!

 
At 12/15/2007 03:04:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Love the tutu! Are you ok? :)

Sarah... freeze to death in California? :) Try Nebraska in October. We wear winter coats here because it's usually 30 degrees. hehe

 
At 12/16/2007 07:11:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, thanks. Despite the pain, I think it's funny too.

May, thanks.

Connie, ballet standards for what is a proper weight are sick. I'm glad that I no longer care (that much). You look great with lots of curves.

Sarah, it has been decided that Halloween costumes look unprofessional. We're not allowed to wear them.

Lisa, I'm not okay yet, but I will be. The chin is healing well now that I got it glued together, but the muscles spasms are killing me. When I was young, a simple fall like that would not have injured me.

It is too cold. Californians are wimps who curl up and die when the temperature gets below 60 degrees.

 
At 12/17/2007 02:27:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

that is a great post... the tutu is excellent btw!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home