web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Tutu

I ordered a tutu. Why would a fifty-one year old woman buy a tutu, you ask? Because I don't have one. Isn't that reason enough?

I was looking for a skirt on the Internet and came across tutus by accident. Forget the sensible skirt, I got the frilly tutu instead.

It's long, white and poufy. There were other ones I liked better, but I'm not spending two hundred and fifty dollars for a tutu. That is the going rate for a professional quality tutu.

Yeah, I know. I'm strange, but I have always wanted a tutu. It's not too late to live a childhood dream, even if I only wear it to clean the house.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 12/11/2007 06:50:00 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Just when you think you've heard everything! LOL

 
At 12/11/2007 11:44:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

I think it is fab that you bought one... I buy myself strange things sometimes.... or what other people may think is strange. You will have to post a pic of you in it :o)

 
At 12/12/2007 06:54:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Granny, I normally dance around the house, so I'll just look closer to the way I see myself. In my heart I'm a ballerina.

Madwag, the odds are good that I will post a pic, assuming I like my tutu.

 
At 12/13/2007 03:53:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Let's see it.

 
At 12/16/2007 08:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog, I've been reading it for quite some time now. We seem to have a lot in common! As for the tutu, I just received the bellydance outfit I ordered (I'm 50). Do I bellydance? No, not really, but I've always wanted to, so now I have the appropriate outfit, even if I do just clean the house in it!
Karen

 
At 12/16/2007 11:16:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, done. :)

KK, I've been looking at those belly dancer outfits too, but first, I want to get a flamenco outfit. It would be fun to stomp my heels and spin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home