web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Special Dog Treat



MacKenzie was chewing on something. I took a closer look and found this monstrosity in her mouth.

It was time to get the rat shovel. (It's a dedicated shovel just for scooping up dead varmints.) MacKenzie took off running with it. That was her upper jaw treasure and she didn't want to give it up. A chase ensued and finally she dropped it. She cried so pitifully when I scooped it up and took it to the trash can.

The jaw is about three inches in length, the same size as the Cocker's jaw. I quickly examined his mouth and all of his teeth were intact. Just to make sure, I looked in all of the dog's mouths, except for MacKenzie. I'm not going near her for awhile, but from a safe distance, I can see her upper teeth.

I had an awful thought and went outside to check the dog graves, but they were undisturbed.

So, I have three questions:

1. What kind of animal did it come from?

2. How did it get in my yard?

3. And the scariest question of all, where is the rest of it?


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 12/23/2007 01:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the shape of the canines and the pre-molars, it looks like some type of dog.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ClientED/anatomy/images/dog_teeth.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ClientED/anatomy/dog_digest.asp&h=485&w=415&sz=47&tbnid=gDnMFM-jNuy0YM:&tbnh=129&tbnw=110&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddog%2Bteeth%26um%3D1&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1

It's certainly not a rat or other rodent.

 
At 12/23/2007 09:00:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I'll agree with Bulldog about the teeth. I looks dog-like to me.

 
At 12/25/2007 01:46:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Did you check the dogs to make sure they still all had their upper jaw? Sorry.

That is too wierd. Somewhere, there is the rest of a dead dog.

 
At 12/27/2007 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I just hope that there aren't any more bits somewhere in my yard.

 
At 12/30/2007 01:58:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

that is just creepy.... really creepy. update us if you find out anything else about where this came from

 

Post a Comment

<< Home