web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's Christmas Time Already?

Costco made me tear up and that's not easy to do. I don't cry easily. What happened is that on a hundred degree day, as I walked past the Halloween decorations with the shrieking witches and haunted house music, I heard Christmas carols. Looking past the Halloween decorations, I saw Christmas trees. And there was Christmas music.

It is only September. It was enough to make a grown woman cry.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 9/28/2008 07:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that in Kohl's the other day. I had forgotten all about Christmas until I saw the decorated trees. Seriously.

 
At 9/29/2008 04:03:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

It does seem to get earlier every year. Happy Valentine's Day by the way.

 
At 9/29/2008 09:36:00 AM, Blogger may said...

just the right time. in the philippines, christmas decors/carols officially start in september (the first month with a "ber") and end on the first week of january, where a lot of people remember a "three kings".

by the way, whoa to your patient who takes 134 mg of dilaudid PO! unbelievable.

 
At 9/29/2008 01:00:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I am going to boycott the whole thing this year and donate a bunch of that stuff to the battered women's shelter. I will bake challah for Yom Kippur, and I'm thinking of adopting another big dog from rescue as soon as the back yard is done.

 
At 10/07/2008 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Theresa Marcaida said...

Hi,sorry if i used it in wrong purpose but you might be interested to share your thoughts with other nurses who need your advice. We invite you to join us at http://nursingguide.ph/forum

 
At 10/11/2008 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, I wish I could foget about Christmas. It lurks in the back of my mind year round whenever I'm shopping.

Alan, back at you and happy St. Patrick's Day.

May, I guess we're doing unofficially what the Philippines does officially.

Sarah, I'll probably skip Christmas again this year too, as much as possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home