web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Latest Camera

I bought a new camera, my fifth digital one. Being clumsy is expensive. Although, in my defense, I didn't drop all of them. One was already broken when I got it out of the box. Fortunately, I got it at Costco, so returning it was not an issue.

I was tempted to buy another shock resistant Olympus camera. That camera has survived countless falls from ladders and even some water dunking, but it just doesn't take great photos. It still works, but it takes photos when it wants to, not necessarily when I hit the shutter button. My patience has run out.

I bought a Canon Powershot A590 IS. It is another fragile camera, so its life expectancy is short. The photo above was my first picture with the new camera. I'm also glad that Blogger will upload the photos. With my Nikon, I had to go through a tedious process of posting photos on Photobucket and from there, downloading to Blogger.

The picture above was taken at bedtime. I'm watching TV and the boys are watching me.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 9/10/2008 07:28:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

at least you didn't drop your camera into the ocean. :)

 
At 9/11/2008 12:27:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

That will probably be next. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home