web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blonde Aura

Most patients and their families are nice. I rarely mention them because, let's be honest, what's the entertainment value in that? It's the evil people who are the most fun to talk about.

For example, there was a jerk last week who, when I answered his call light, said that I wasn't fit to wipe his butt. We had never met before. He was on a bedpan, however, and needed someone to wipe him. Not that I wanted to wipe his butt, but it irritated me that he didn't want me.

I didn't need to ask what was wrong with me, he told me. It was because I'm blonde. He said that he hates blondes because they are all idiots. I joke about that, but he meant it. He said that it has something to do with the "chlorine" that blondes soak their head in. It leaches into their brains.

In a soft voice, I sweetly asked him to look at me closely. I then asked him what color he thought my hair really was. After a second, he said that I was a natural blonde. I told him that he was correct. He then began apologizing, which I graciously accepted. He even let me wash his ass. What a great guy he turned out to be.

Of course, I saw no reason to tell the idiot that no one my age has natural hair my shade of blonde. I'm blonde naturally, but my hair is dirty blonde with white streaks. It takes hair color to make me presentable.

It is funny, though, that the idiot thinks that blondes soak their heads in chlorine. That just turns my hair green.

Anyway, back to the subject of nice patients, I usually get compliments on a daily basis. Most people like to try to figure out which actress I look like. (Mostly, Darryl Hanna , occasionally, Diane Keaton) But I got a complement the other day that was totally new. The patient told me that I had a strong energy force. He raved about my aura and when I left, told me what an honor it was to have met me. All because of my energy force.

If he hadn't been an old, dying man with his wife at bedside, I would have thought that he was coming on to me. I'm not sure if he was getting too much morphine or if he can really detect energy forces. What do you think?


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 8/13/2008 09:34:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I think that guy's not getting enough oxygen.

Your aura is baby blue. :)

 
At 8/14/2008 03:03:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

lol... I will go for the aura... why not?

 
At 8/14/2008 09:56:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are alot nicer than I am. I would have let that jerk wallow in his own filth. I wonder what color my aura would be?

 
At 8/17/2008 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, oxygen deprivation is a distinct possibility. At least he's not seeing the black dogs of death.

Madwag, yeah, why not? :)

Connie, if I worked for myself, things would be much different. I'm stuck, though, with an employer who expects us to please everyone, even the jerks.

 
At 8/18/2008 09:47:00 PM, Blogger undergrad RN said...

I met a little girl once who told me that my aura was yellow and somewhat green. I'm not sure what the colors indicated, but I really don't think she was making that up.

Quite the compliment ;)

 
At 8/19/2008 12:23:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Undergrad RN, by any chance are you a blonde whose hair turns green in the summer, like me? That would explain the color of your aura. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home