web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shaken

I'm trying to calm down. I was minding my own business, busy making a smoothie, when I was suddenly pushed up and to the side. I grabbed the counter to maintain my balance. At first, I thought that I was sick and perhaps having a stroke. Then as the rolling continued, it occurred to me that this was an earthquake.

Calling to the dogs, I walked out the door to the backyard. The dogs followed. We were safe. Tommy looked at me and whined. I'm whining in Blog form. I wish I could call in sick today, just in case it is a pre-curser to a bigger quake. The preliminary number is a 5.8. EEEK!


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 7/30/2008 03:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This would be freaky... especially when you don't know if it's YOU or the earth trembling.

All I have to worry about is tornados, and you generally *know* when those are showing up.

Glad to hear there's not been anything else.

 
At 8/01/2008 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

If the epicenter is close, you know that it's an earthquake without a doubt. If it is far away, it feels like a fainting spell. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home