web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Scanner Guns

It's not easy being in the hospital. The patient woke up just in time to see me standing over him, pointing a gun in his direction. He shrieked. That startled me and caused me to also shriek. We were in a stand-off. I hate it when I get caught pointing a gun at a patient.

All I was trying to do is scan the bar code on his wrist band without waking him, but the dang scanner makes a beeping sound. I'm never sure if I should first wake the patient to warn him what I'm about to do or just do it and hope that he sleeps through the beep. Or, perhaps they should design the scanners to look less like guns.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 7/31/2008 10:31:00 AM, Blogger My Heart On My Sleeve said...

I am back from being shunned by the Blogger world. I have once again been granted admittance. The problem with this is that I always come here first and catch up on all the post posts. I want to leave comments on most of them, but if you're like me, you don't go back and read all those back comments. So let me just say, to fight gas we are now a one-vehicle couple and I go nowhere unless I have to, and I know what a quickie is and right now, I would prefer a cookie. that story was a hoot!!

 
At 8/01/2008 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, you made my day. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home