web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Unclear On The Concept



Every once in a while, someone leaves a surprise on the carpet. This shouldn't happen. There is a doggy door and they all know how to use it, but still, about once a week, poo is left on the carpet.

I'm tired of shampooing the carpet every week, so I decided to put down some plastic lined paper pads that come pre-scented in dog urine to encourage dogs to go on the pad instead of the floor. (I do not want to know how they get the scent on the pads.)

Now, I'm finding two or three poo piles a day plus pee ponds and it is still on the carpet. The pads seem to have delivered the message that it is fine to do their business in the house, but for whatever reason, the dogs don't want to get the pads dirty. Now, there are sheets of plastic across the carpet. The ball is now in the dogs' court. We'll see what they do next.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 8/06/2008 05:46:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Maybe the dogs see the pads as marked territory and so they avoid it.

 
At 8/06/2008 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

and they're leaving their own mark... apparently. ugh.

 
At 8/07/2008 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, when I take the dogs on walks, they are determined to pee on any spot that other dogs have marked. Maybe I need to rub the pads on the popular local spots around the neighborhood. Or, maybe not. :(

Lisa, I strongly suspect MacKenzie, although I can't prove anything. I wonder if I peed on the carpet, if she would get the message that that is my territory.

 
At 8/10/2008 03:32:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Ummm...lol...

Maybe just tell MacKenzie to knock it off. :)

 
At 8/10/2008 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Surgeon In My Dreams said...

Least they aren't eating them.

That's what happened when I tried them. I come home and they are totally destroyed...all over thehouse!

 
At 8/22/2008 06:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALL FEMALE NURSES ARE PERVERTS AND UNPROFESSIONAL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home