web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Coccydynia

The number one way that people are injured at work is by falling out of chairs. Considering that we routinely work with biohazards, sharp objects and heavy bodies that need moving, I found it odd that chairs are more dangerous. And, exactly how does a person fall out of a chair, anyway? In my entire life, I had never fallen out of a chair.

I fell out of a chair a couple of weeks ago and now I get it. The chairs have wheels. All I did was stand up for a second to reach something and sat right back down. The chair was gone. Had I just landed on the floor, I would have been fine. Unfortunately, my tail bone hit the wheel. Now, I'm suffering from the heartbreak of coccydynia. That's just a fancy way of saying that my butt hurts.

It hurts to sit down, stand up, walk and worst of all, go to the bathroom. It is a type of injury that is slow to heal, but usually gets better without treatment. I did not report my injury at work like I was supposed to. It's a hassle and I really didn't want to have to go to the ER and have a doctor I might know, examine my bottom.

Who knew it was so hard to sit in a chair?


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 9/09/2008 09:44:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I fell out of a chair once, but it was because I leaned too far back in it.

I bruised my tail bone years ago - I think I was roller skating and fell down. Not something I would want to do again.

 
At 9/10/2008 12:06:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I feel your pain. :)

 
At 9/12/2008 10:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon!
(And next time, check to see what you are about to sit on - or not).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home