web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wet Yosemite

It rained the last two days in Yosemite. I couldn't ski or skate, but I could walk around and take pictures. This is what Yosemite looks like when a warm, tropical rain storm lands on top of snow.























~ Home

7 Comments:

At 1/25/2009 07:27:00 AM, Blogger Irene said...

Wow. Those shots are beautiful. And I'm assuming they were taken with the broken camera? Good job.

 
At 1/25/2009 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you have been taking lessons from Ansel Adams.

 
At 1/25/2009 06:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Br-r-rt. Sitting at the computer, with my jacket on, I still got a little shiver.

Another nurse/blogger just had a much warmer experience in Utah. See the January 21, 2009 entry titled Hot Pots.
http://blahblahblog.wordpress.com/

 
At 1/30/2009 02:24:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Nice pictures. Even if the weather's poor, it's still nice to get away. We're getting antsy to go someplace.

 
At 2/08/2009 07:20:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Irene, yes, all of the shots were taken with the broken camera.

Connie, Yosemite is so photogenic that everyone's photos turn out well.

Paul, it wasn't nearly as cold as it looked. It was mainly just wet.

Alan, I kind of like to go to places that have cruddy weather. The weather is so perfect here most of the time, that I need a vacation from good weather.

 
At 2/14/2009 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

You'd love Seattle.

 
At 2/28/2009 03:06:00 AM, Blogger gemmak said...

Wow! That's absolutely amazing....I have to get there someday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home