web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Barefoot Nurse


Alright, I'm wearing socks, but isn't that about the same thing as being barefoot? Especially for a nurse?

The shoes that I wore last night have received a good amount of wear and tear. That's why it was so surprising when one shoe began hurting so much. When the pain became unbearable, I removed my shoes and put on patient socks. The rest of the shift, I worked with nothing between my bare feet and the scary carpet but a layer of knit fabric. Do you think that it's safe to bleach feet?

When I got home, I looked at my foot and found an abscess on the sole. I performed some minor surgery and found a splinter that had become infected. Hopefully, I got it all. I'm working tonight, so I really hope that I'm able to wear shoes.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 7/28/2005 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Bleck, and yeah, you could bleach, but I'd get rid of the icky boo boo first.

 
At 7/29/2005 12:11:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm happy to report that I was able to wear shoes my entire shift. Yeah! I don't need to scrub my feet tonight. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home