web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Driving on Autopilot

Today, I was driving to a friend's house, a place I've been many times before, and I got lost. No, I didn't suddenly forget the way. I just forgot to think about what I was doing. My hands and feet drove the car, while my mind was off somewhere else.

When my mind returned, I was completely disoriented. It took awhile to figure out where I was and how to get back. Driving on autopilot happens to me fairly frequently, but if it occurs during my daily commute, I will end up at my desired location. My hands and feet know how to get to work and back, but no where else. It's a challenge being absent-minded.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 7/31/2005 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Yes, but you are happy :)

 
At 7/31/2005 05:11:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm happy until I find myself in some godforsaken territory and don't know how to get back. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home