web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Why I Can't See Sunrises or Sunsets

This is the view from my backyard facing West.

This is the view from my front window directly to the East.

The street that my house sits on, winds through a canyon with just enough room for a single row of houses on each side of the street. Except for the occasional side street or flag lot, no one has rear neighbors. This is both good and bad. It's good in that there is privacy and something of a view if you like brown hillsides. What's bad is the proximity to critters, such as rattlesnakes and coyotes, and the fire danger. It's also annoying that I can't see sunrises or sunsets. All in all, though, I think that it's a good trade-off. A little bit of danger is the price for being surrounded by hills, rather than people.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 7/30/2005 03:58:00 PM, Blogger Tony Grant said...

Hello Melissa, Nice blog! very interesting. Check out my site www.lovesbible.com and let me know what you think.

 
At 7/31/2005 01:19:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

No neighbors Oooo i am envious! Your surrounds look very inviting :)

 
At 7/31/2005 09:55:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, but I do have side neighbors. Someday, I should go introduce myself. I've lived here about 6 years and have yet to meet anyone.

 
At 7/31/2005 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I would love that view. LOVE IT!

 
At 7/31/2005 05:13:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks. It does help compensate for a lot, such as living in LA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home