web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Green Rubber Bracelets


It wasn't a special occasion, yet we were all given presents at work yesterday, green rubber bracelets. I shouldn't make fun. They didn't have to give us anything at all, but still, a green, rubber bracelet? What happened to gold and sparkling jewels? Is rubber all that we're worth? (No, don't answer that.)

It is a nice slogan, though, "Be your own cause." But, couldn't the bracelets say that in pink just as nicely?


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 01:05:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I love the 'Be Your Own Cause' tv commercial with that cute (slightly overweight, balding) guy. Love it. I say "Go you, guy!" when it comes on.

Yes, pink would definitely be prettier.

 
At 8/19/2005 12:50:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I've never seen the commercial. I didn't realize that the public was aware of that slogan. O.M.G., now everyone knows where I work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home