web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Fondled by a Coworker

It happened again. While talking to a nurse manager, she reached out and put her hand on my waist. Her hand then slid down to my hip bone, which she then palpated. The entire time she looked me in the eyes and talked as though nothing odd was going on.

She is not the only one who does this. I don't know if it's some weird cultural thing that Americans just don't understand or if there is something about me that makes Filipinos want to reach out and grab my hip bones. There is nothing erotic about these encounters and they happen in full view of everyone.

I'm thin, but not emaciated. There's no cause for alarm on their part. Are they just curious about what's underneath the baggy scrubs? I don't think that they're all gay.

I could put an end to it very quickly, but I don't think it's worth raising a fuss over. It's so odd. I just want to understand it.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 9/29/2005 09:38:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Maybe they are all secretly going to chiropratic school and they are fantasizing about adjusting you, it's very easy to work on thin people.

 
At 9/29/2005 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Yeah, that must be it. :)

 
At 9/29/2005 03:36:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Speaking of suitors and fondling...

whatever became of that young buck who was gunning for you? Did you let him take you out? :)

 
At 9/29/2005 09:51:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

We had a talk regarding our expectations and they didn't quite match. He wanted only a physical relationship. I want more and feel that I deserve more, so we will not be going out. (I'm still astonished that someone so young could feel about me that way.) At least we both saved ourselves a lot of trouble by talking beforehand.

 
At 9/29/2005 11:29:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Between him and the Filipinas, sounds like a lot of people are "feeling about you" one way or another. ;)

 
At 9/30/2005 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Well you could have just used him for sex then.

 
At 9/30/2005 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah!!!

(Okay, it was tempting, but I'm not that kind of girl.) :)

 
At 9/30/2005 01:44:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

LOL, Sarah! I'm making note of that. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home