web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Line Of Fire


This was the view from work tonight. The west end of the San Fernando Valley is on fire. My oldest friends who live in Bell Canyon have been evacuated.

Over 700 firefighters are battling the fire and despite the extreme danger, water drops are being made at night. With the fire only 5 percent contained, no one knows what will happen tonight. We can only wait.

We hear so much about sports heroes and other such nonsense. The real heroes are in the west San Fernando Valley tonight defending lives and property.


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 9/29/2005 09:29:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I was worried about them when I heard where the fire was. How about your parents. I hope it's not close to them.

 
At 9/29/2005 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

My parents live on the other side of the reservoir from the fire and aren't effected. I was hoping my friends would let me take care of their dogs, but they were able to find a hotel that allows dogs. Darn.

 
At 9/29/2005 01:23:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm glad to hear about your parents, the smoke must be pretty bad there though.

 
At 9/29/2005 09:31:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

The smoke is pretty bad everwhere now. How are your lungs doing?

 
At 9/30/2005 03:50:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I saw the fires on tv tonight, how frigtening for everyone. You are so right, emergency workers are worth their weight in gold.

 
At 9/30/2005 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Just fine thanks. I have inhalers.

 
At 9/30/2005 11:08:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, I'm surprised that this news was covered in Australia. It's really just another brush fire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home