web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Chewable Liver Flavored Supplements


I used up the last of my glucosamine, so I looked to see if I had an extra bottle lying around. (I tend to stockpile stuff.) No big surprise, I did find an extra bottle.

I wasn't wearing my glasses, but I could see that the label had something to do with arthritis. I started to remove the lid when I noticed a dog like creature on the label. Something didn't seem right. I put on my glasses and saw that it was dog glucosamine.

I had forgotten all about it. Despite containing beef liver for flavor, Murphy wouldn't touch it. I suppose I could take it, but I hate liver even more than Murph does.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 10/10/2005 02:01:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Good think you put on your glasses!

 
At 10/10/2005 03:36:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This is where the magic powers of braunsweiger come in handy. Of course if it's a big round chewable one I just crush it with the mortar & pestle and speinkle it on their food. Under the piles of baked chicken and rice with chicken broth they don't even know it's there.

 
At 10/11/2005 12:47:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Brandy, it's a good thing that there was a dog on the label.

Sarah, I guess that I should try harder to get those pills down Murphy. I wonder if they would mind if I used the pill crusher at work to crush the dog pills?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home