web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Cover Dog

This is my cover dog, Murphy, being amorous with Sarah. She has that affect on men. Notice the toys scattered all over the carpet? It looks like preschoolers live in my house.

Murphy is 9 years old. He likes to help me when I work in the garden. See how he's dripping wet and standing in freshly turned dirt? Let's see, what does water and dirt make? Well, whatever it's called, it's all over my house.
This is Murphy when he was 9 months old. On a hot day, I see no reason to not soak in cool water together. Actually it was nice of him to share with me. It was his pool. (I appear to be naked, but I think that the odds are good I was wearing something. ) Now he has a fish pond which he much prefers. It's stinkier.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 10/09/2005 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

At 9 mos he was already as big as you are! That must have been taken at your old house, your yard now is so much nicer.

 
At 10/09/2005 05:58:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

What a big boy for 9 months! I bet your food shopping bill beats most families of 4!!

 
At 10/09/2005 06:22:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, my current yard is bigger and more park like, but the other yard had a view. It's not apparent in the photo, but the flower beds were much nicer than what I'm doing now.

Michelle, Big dogs don't really eat that much more than small dogs. If I didn't bake chicken for them, it wouldn't be that expensive at all.

 
At 10/14/2005 04:55:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

No, really it doesn't cost more to feed big dogs. Mine all eat leftovers that I would otherwise just feed to my ex's anyway. This week they had a lot of chicken which is all leftover because I don't actually like it, and salmon because Melissa and I split a whole one and I rarely eat leftover fish. They had rice cooked in the chicken drippings with some cream of chicken soup mixed in, that was all leftover because I don't like that either. So basically they ate leftovers all week. Of course you may wonder why, if I don't like those things do I buy them and cook them...well I need some leftovers to feed the dogs so it all works out.

 
At 10/14/2005 05:08:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

No wonder my dogs love visiting you so much. My dogs just get plain baked chicken. Your dogs get all kinds of fancy sauces to flavor their meat. But then, your dogs like to come here to go in my stinky pond. Life just isn't fair. Is it too much to ask to have chicken in a sauce and a stinky pond?

 
At 10/20/2005 01:21:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I couldn't believe it but I saw Paula Dean making MY dog food recipe on the food channel the other day, only she way going to feed it to humans! (well men, they will eat anything) Apparently they call it Chicken Bog in Georgia and it is pretty common. Not only that she didn't even bother to put in the cream of chicken soup which the dogs say gives it the rich gravy that they love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home