web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Meet The New Neighbors


My new next door neighbors started moving in yesterday morning. They rented a truck and got all of their friends and extended family to help move them. At least that's who I hope they all are. If they are all going to live there, it's going to be a bit crowded.

Of course I watched the entire process. I'm curious about other people and how they live and I figured that this would be my only chance to see what's in their home.

I watched as a drawer full of panties was dropped in the street, bikini cotton pastels. When would I have another opportunity to find out what kind of underwear my neighbor wears? I also saw the leopard print furniture. It would go quite nicely in my house, not that I would have the courage to buy something like that. My entire downstairs is shades of beige. But the leopard print would help hide the dog dirt on the furniture.

Last night after I went to bed, I could hear them still moving things and it was around 2 am. At dawn, they were still moving things. Tom Tom, of course, isn't happy about people walking on his street, so he has been barking nonstop at the front window. I'm sleep deprived and the new neighbors are probably sorry that they bought a house next to a barking dog. If they will just stay inside their house, the barking will stop. Is that too much to ask?


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 10/30/2005 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Your just trying to torture me with photos of your "still blooming" orchids!

 
At 10/30/2005 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

You're right, Michelle. I carefully got some of the orchid flowers in the shot just to torment you. :)

 
At 10/31/2005 10:56:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I knew it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home