web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Please Don't Leave, Mommy




This is the sad expression on Tom Tom's face when I'm getting ready for work. I wish that I could stay home with him. I don't know who feels sadder, him or me.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 11/28/2005 01:35:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Shame on you! I'd stay home :) Or you could train him to work with patients and help you out.

 
At 11/28/2005 08:31:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I wish that I could be a stay at home mom like you. (The hospital has some stupid rule about pets.) :)

 
At 11/28/2005 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Silly rule. Some hospitals here use dogs deliberately as a form of stress reliver for patients. The patients love it, they get to pat the dogs, and the dogs love the interaction :o)

 
At 11/29/2005 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

It's so sad! I look at those same faces every day too. I like the idea of therapy dogs in the hospital but I feel sorry for them. They must sense the sadness there, plus think of all the cooties they would pick up. You'd have to sanitize their little paws before they got back in the car and give them a little bath. I know the first thing I did after a shift was to take a hot shower to decontaminate.

 
At 11/29/2005 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, we experimented with bringing dogs in, but the patients all refused dog visits, so the experiment ended.

Sarah, you're right about the cootie factor. I don't mind my dog's cooties, but I don't want patient cooties in my house.

 
At 11/30/2005 08:30:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You are really getting some great doggie shots, maybe we could borrow TJ and Nana this weekend for a photo shoot!

 
At 12/01/2005 01:08:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Don't you think that 10 dogs is too many for a photo shoot?

Hey, and where is the photo you promised me of you with your new purple luggage wearing your new jacket?

 
At 12/01/2005 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Uh, I'll get right on that...

 
At 12/01/2005 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Well you better hurry, your photographer is leaving town on Saturday, unless you want me to take the pictures? Mine aren't as good or flattering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home