web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Turkey , Thai and Armenian

On Thanksgiving, the patients got fed teriyaki chicken. The day after Thanksgiving and tonight, the patients got turkey. It was the same interpretive version of turkey that the employees ate on Thanksgiving. I wonder if the patients think it's strange that they didn't get turkey until Thanksgiving was over and if it has occurred to them that they're eating our left-overs.


We ordered Thai for dinner tonight and I was asked if I wanted mine mild, medium or spicy. Like an idiot, I said spicy. My lips, tongue and throat are still burning and I'm dreading to see what happens as it works its way down my digestive tract.

Sorry that it's so hard to read, but that is a section of our assessment form. It's where we chart a patient's neurological status, so that if a patient is confused, has slurred speech or unequal pupils, for example, then we know that the patient might have some brain damage. The nurse here, wrote that the patient is Armenian speaking. Maybe I missed school that day, but I never knew that speaking Armenian was a sign of brain damage.


~ Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home