web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Waaaaa...

Our annoying, lifer patient (meaning that he'll be here until he dies) spent a couple of hours going Waaaaaaaaa...in the most whiney, nasal voice imaginable. If I knew how, I would record that sound and post it here. It has to be heard to be believed. He was scaring the other patients. They don't realize he's nuts, they think that he's suffering terribly. One of my patients, who was scheduled for surgery later this evening, was crying because she thought he was a post-op patient in agony. She figured that was what she had to look forward to.

The lifer is such a gentleman too, at one point he stopped the waaaa...'s long enough to yell out, "Hey, come in here and check out my ... hole." Since we can't get rid of him, I think that we should buy a trailer, put it in the parking lot and move him into it. We could still take care of him and all of our other patients could be spared listening to him.

We got a new patient who's last name is Guypussy, or at least, that was the name written on our report sheet. It turned out that someone made a typo. (Sorry, I forgot to take a picture.) Imagine what it would be like if that had been the patient's correct name. I wouldn't want to go through life as Ms. Guypussy. It would probably be even worse for a guy.

Women should think twice before getting breast implants. I changed the gown of an elderly lady and her implants were hanging near her waist at the end of long pendulous breasts. Each breast resembled a tennis ball in the toe of a sock, hanging from her chest. On second thought, the alternative is to have an empty sock. I'm not sure which is preferable.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 11/22/2005 08:23:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Implants on an "elderly" lady? LOL, how long did she have them? And why did she get them?!
Whenever anyone talks about breast implants I clutch my chest and cringe. I cannot imagine being cut into to have mushy bags put in there so I can look like I've got tennis balls in socks in a few years. Ick. (No offense to anyone who has implants, LOL)

 
At 11/23/2005 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The chart didn't say how long ago it was that she got the implants and I wasn't about to ask.

 
At 11/23/2005 10:47:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

It must have been a very long time ago. They now place the gel filled sacs under the pectoralis muscle through an incision under the arm. No, I don't have them. I used to work for a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills.

 
At 11/23/2005 07:05:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I figure i'll just throw mine over my shoulders when i get to that age!

 
At 11/24/2005 01:06:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, judging from her age, it probably was some time ago, but this is the second time I've seen women with this problem. The other time was on a young woman from a third world country, so perhaps the surgeon had bad technique.

Michelle, I once saw a patient do that and it actually stayed. The patient laughed and loved doing that for people. I hope that I have that good of attitude towards aging someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home