web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Noodle Roulette

Someone from day shift left behind a container of pancit. It was half-eaten and had been sitting on the counter all day. Who would believe that one of my coworkers was lusting after it.

It was around 9 pm when I saw her heating up the container. It had to have been sitting at room temperature since lunch time. She said that she didn't know who it belonged to, but she was hungry and was going to eat it. She must not worry about cooties. I wouldn't eat anyone's half-eaten food, much less the food from some unknown person. She agreed with my time estimate for how long it had been sitting on the counter, but didn't care. I suggested at least discarding the shrimp and chicken, but she just looked at me.

If I ate that, I would die before they got me to the emergency room. She'll probably be just fine. People from other countries seem to have a higher tolerance for food borne pathogens. Personally, I wouldn't play Russian Roulette for a bunch of noodles. Chocolate, maybe, but never noodles.


~ Home

1 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

My coworker came to work the next day and was just fine. Amazing. If I had done that, they would be making funeral arrangements for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home