web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Warning: After Dinner Vomit

This what the patients got for dinner tonight.



This is what we got back from the patients after dinner. This is routine. Most of our post-op patients vomit after dinner, but still, we keep feeding them after surgery. Patients also tend to vomit in the lid that covers their plate just because it's there. What I find to be unusual here is that the lid with vomit in it is on the cart to be returned to the kitchen. I rinse the lid out when that happens, but not this nurse. I wonder how the people in the kitchen feel about getting vomit returned to them.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 12/17/2005 03:11:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

 
At 12/19/2005 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I wonder if the kitchen staff even realizes that it's vomit and not leftovers!

 
At 12/19/2005 04:03:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

It looks and smells so similar it's possible that no one noticed the difference, except that the vomit has little green things in it and the food always has the green things on the side, subtle difference I suppose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home