web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Distracted

I've been a little forgetful lately. A few days ago I got in my car with my keys in one hand and chocolate in the other hand. The next thing I knew, the keys were in my mouth. That wasn't what I wanted to do at all. At least I didn't put the chocolate in the ignition switch.

Then later, I put my car in reverse, released the brake and wondered why it didn't go. I forgot to turn the engine on.

Now, I was reading my comments and discovered that I thanked Sarah for pictures I posted and she didn't send them to me. I have no idea where they came from.

Is this what Alzheimers feels like?


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 12:41:00 PM, Blogger gemmak said...

If it is I have it too...I posted a while back about puting cat food in the washing machine's soap dispenser and I hate to think of the number of things I have deposited in the bin that I shouldn't have! Ack!

 
At 1/31/2006 03:21:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

LOL!

Last week I tried to uncork a bottle of wine that was already opened! Haha. And no, I hadn't drunk any of it yet! I basically was just trying to open a bottle I had already opened JUST MOMENTS BEFORE. Duh.

I am not trying to make fun of Alzheimers patients when I say this but... there is an Alzheimers nursing facility - a really nice one - near my parents house. It's actually located between our house and my parents' place - they built in in an area that was a field forever, in the town where I grew up. Anyway, one time when we drove by it and it was just a couple years old I said to Sean "I always forget that Alzheimer place is there now."
And he said "Hahaha, that's funny, honey... and terrible!" And I got the terrible joke, but only after looking at him funny for a second because I had been totally serious - I just forgot it was there!
So now, EVERY time we drive past it he says "I always forget that Alzheimer place is there, you know?"
Haha. We are dorks.

 
At 1/31/2006 03:25:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Just to be clear, when I said "they built it..." I am not talking about my parents! LOL
I mean when the builders (who make up the ubiquitous 'they' in this case) built it.
Ok.
But my dad IS an architect and quite an expert builder, however that has nothing to do with this kind of building.
Ok.
And my mother calls me and says "Why am I calling you again?", but again, that has nothing to do with this.
Ok.
Are we all on the same page now?!

Ha, I haven't been to your blog in so long and now I come back being so silly....

 
At 1/31/2006 07:14:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

HP, I say silly things like that too and wander around stores trying to remember why I'm there.

Gemmak, I understand that Einstein was forgetful as well.

Mary, welcome back. This is a silly blog, so I sort of expect people to be silly. I don't want to be the only one.

 
At 1/31/2006 08:01:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You know, i think there's something in the air! The last few weeks, i think i really have lost the plot! I'm much more hyper than usual, and a wee bit forgetful.

 
At 1/31/2006 10:42:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Don't despair. I think that's normal behaviour for everyone over 30 or for people who just have lots of stuff on their minds. :-)
(At least that's what I keep telling myself)

 
At 2/01/2006 07:45:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, I would like to blame it on the time of year, but it's winter here, and summer for you. Maybe I can blame the long, dark nights and you can blame the heat.

Karen, rather than blame my age, (I'm not old, I'm not, I'm not,I'm not) I think that I will go with a lot on my mind. Yeah, that's it. I just have a lot on my mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home