web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, January 27, 2006

A Typical Thursday



I really hate Thursdays. That's because Thursday is gardener day. If they would come at a civilized time, like noon, it wouldn't be so bad. But being the over-achievers that they are, they come a little after 7 am, which is like the middle of the night for me.

The worst part is that the dogs must be locked inside the house when they come. Lately, I've been locking the doggy door before I go to bed, so I don't have to worry about sleeping through the gardener's arrival and the dogs escaping.

This morning and I'm using the term loosely because it was still dark outside, Murphy started squeaking in his high pitched dolphin voice. Thinking that he needed to go to the bathroom, I got up and walked through the cold, dark house to let him out. He headed straight for the pond. I had to just wait in the freezing cold, dark house until he was done lounging in the water. After what felt like a eternity, Murph got out of the pond and without even shaking, walked back in the house.

I went back to bed and fell asleep just in time for the gardener's arrival. How is it possible for a couple of guys to make so much noise? I don't think we made that much noise invading Iraq.

I fell back asleep and when I got up, I looked in the mirror and there was a pimple on my nose. What I would like to know is how my nose knew that I have a date on Saturday?

I wanted to post a picture of something. It was either of the zit on my nose or the daffodils at work. Hope you're not all disappointed.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 1/27/2006 05:20:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Well, sorry about the zit--it always happens here that way too :)

 
At 1/27/2006 11:10:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You have a date??? More information please!

 
At 1/29/2006 05:20:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

HP, I guess I'm lucky that I only go through noisy mornings once a week.

R2ks , damn hormones.

Michelle, I hope that I answered your question in my later post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home