web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Driving Fool And Diabetic Fool

I was stopped at a red light behind another car. When the light turned green, the car in front started to drive and then abruptly stopped. I stopped and looked around. There were no cars, people, pets or anything else in the way. The car then took off again only to slam on the brakes a second later. I stopped in time, but I'm convinced that the driver was trying to get me to crash into him. He was probably trying to earn a little extra cash through insurance fraud. I'm glad that I keep a good distance between me and other cars.

At work, I took a message concerning an admission we were receiving and wrote down the information and gave it to the secretary. The secretary read the note and said, "What is the patient's diagnosis?" I thought that it was a strange diagnosis too, "diabetic foot", but it seemed obvious what it meant. It's a dying, decaying foot.

That wasn't the secretary's problem, though. She wondered why we were getting a diabetic fool. I had forgotten to cross the T, so the foot looked like a fool. We get quite a few diabetic fools and non-diabetic fools through here, but it would be unusual to so bluntly label them.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 09:58:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

he he he,... that is cute... but sad...how does someone's foot just decide to decay? I guess circulation?

Glad you didn't hit that car... that would have been not such a good start to a day.

 
At 6/07/2006 05:16:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Geez some people are fools re the driver who was giving you grief :(

Diabetes sounds like a dreadful disease :(

 
At 6/07/2006 10:58:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, you're right about the cause of the foot dying. I'm glad that I missed the car too.

Michelle, diabetes is a horrible disease. It's usually a slow death from amputation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home