web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Exploding Flowers

My garden has exploded with flowers. Considering how much I neglected it this winter, I didn't really expect much for the spring. I've been wandering around my garden in a dazed sense of contentment with the warm sunshine and long days calming me. I've loved cold Ireland, but it is so nice to just walk outside in shorts, T shirt and barefeet and bask in the warmth. I'm lucky to live where I do and have this garden just outside my door. Sometimes life doesn't entirely suck.


The red roses below are suckers that I didn't get around to removing from a white rose bush. It's not often that laziness is rewarded so richly.



The picture below was taken on my fiftieth birthday. It was a good day. I'm proud of my age.


~ Home

11 Comments:

At 6/04/2006 12:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your yard is quite beautiful! Isn't it funny how flowers seem to do their best when we leave them alone?

 
At 6/04/2006 08:50:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

The same thing can be said for pimples. :)

 
At 6/04/2006 09:51:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

The garden is gorgeous and you are looking good :-)

 
At 6/04/2006 11:05:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

What fab photos! Your garden is so pretty this time of year :o)

You look a million bucks!

 
At 6/04/2006 11:38:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

you and your garden look fab, I can't wait for our garden to explode... however, my giant poppy has but they don't last long :o(

 
At 6/05/2006 06:45:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

I can't decide which looks better, you or your garden. :)

 
At 6/06/2006 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Karen, Michelle, Madwag and Gary. You do realize that I posted a good picture? I don't really look like that. My garden, on the other hand, really does look like that.

 
At 6/06/2006 02:50:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Yeah, in real life she's a short brunette with cats. ;)

 
At 6/06/2006 03:15:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave! Don't tell everyone my secret. ;)

 
At 6/06/2006 04:26:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

oops! :o)

 
At 6/10/2006 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

The garden looks great. I guess it's the product of all the years of work before you had the blog! I still owe you a cake so let me know when is good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home