web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Night Wanderings

The Midlands were my favorite part of Ireland. What I liked best were my evening walks to Kinnity Castle. It's a hotel built next to some ancient castle ruins. It was the woods that surrounded the castle where I spent most of my time.

This is the driveway to the castle. It was dark when I took this picture, but with the long exposure time it looks like daytime, except for being slightly fuzzy.

This is the same driveway when the sun was still up.

This is me wandering around in the dark. Normally, I would never wander around in the woods in the dark, but in Ireland there are no snakes or bears. I felt safe enough. I dropped the camera which created a nice swirl pattern. Below is an old oak tree with a carpet of bluebells beneath. I look like a witch standing beneath it. If you came across fields of bluebells and no one was looking, what would you do? I laid down in them and buried my face in them. I did that every night. I still look like a witch. All I need is a pointy hat.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 5/31/2006 10:49:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

THose are terrific pictures. I love what you did with the flowers. I can see that you are a true romantic.

I have some Irish blood in me. Do you? You look like you have quite a bit.

 
At 5/31/2006 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

bluebells are a favourite of mine... I didn't get to see them out in the forest this spring. Nice pics again :o)

 
At 6/01/2006 12:48:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gary, I'm one-eighth Irish.

I'm not sure how romantic I am, but I am a flower slut. Not too many grown women roll in flowers.

Madwag, at least you got to see them in your garden. I love bluebells too.

 
At 6/01/2006 05:46:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, they are great photos! The colors are beautiful :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home