web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Meme

I am drained.

I want more free time.

I wish that dogs lived as long as their owners.

I hate going to work when the weather is perfect, which is most of the time.

I miss being able to walk without pain.

I fear abandonment.

I hear dog claws walking across the floor.

I wonder how I ended up alone in life.

I regret many choices I have made in life, but there is no going back.

I am not as happy as I should be.

I dance more than I should. I should stop the ballet, because of my hips, but I just can't/won't stop.

I sing not at all. Be grateful.

I cry too often these days. Having a sick dog-child is an enormous emotional drain.

I am not as calm inside as I appear on the outside.

I make with my hands really nothing, except for food.

I write because I need to.

I confuse people's identities. Learning people's faces does not come easily to me.

I need time alone to recharge my batteries.

I should try harder to be more outgoing.

I start most days with complete exhaustion.

I finish what I start.


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 5/24/2006 04:22:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Great list. I don't agree that you are alone, though. There are many wonderful people around you and you should feel connected to them. I know what you meant, though. There's nothing better than having a special partner, as long as it is working well.

I lived in Santa Barbara for a few months when I was much younger. I still remember how great the weather was.

Sorry about your doggie. Mine died a couple of years ago. I had her for 12 years. She was a really beautiful dalmation.

Hang in there.

 
At 5/25/2006 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh my, you poor darling, you sound exhausted. Wish i could take you out for a day of pampering.
Be kind to yourself too :o)

 
At 5/25/2006 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

about koi ponds...

do you have problems w/ blanket weed?

also.... the algea that causes the water to go green can be stopped by having a filter w/ a uv light in it... we have one and it works.

right now I am trying to get rid of blanket weed!!!!

 
At 5/25/2006 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

I thought I commented on your list b4... I could have written your meme... honestly

 
At 5/25/2006 03:56:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Madwag- Wouldn't the UV light kill the good bacteria that break down waste and keep the water balanced?

 
At 5/25/2006 06:26:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gary, sorry about your dalmation. My parents lost theirs last year and they are still heartbroken. He was their most favorite dog ever.

You're right that I'm not really alone; I do have a support system, but there is no significant other.

Michelle, I'm just going through a rough patch right now. I'll get better. Thanks.

Madwag, I've never heard of blanket weed, so I guess that is a good thing. I have a UV filter, but at the moment, I'm lacking a pump for it, so it's off. In the past, it had no effect on the green water.

I often relate to much of what you write about your feelings as well.

Dave, are you able to keep your pond green free?

 
At 5/25/2006 07:43:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Not yet. :) I have water hyacinths in there (plus water lilies, cat-tails, spearmint and other plants), and I'm hoping that once the hyacinths have established themselves that they'll block enough light and absorb enough nutrients that I won't have much problem with algae. That's worked for me in the past. I may also get an algae eater. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home