web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Wicklow

This is the road to Wicklow, a mountain area near Dublin. We took a bus tour so that we wouldn't have to worry about driving on the wrong side of the road. We faced that challenge eventually, but we wanted to delay the inevitable as long as possible.

Some of the trees were just starting to leaf out after a long winter.

This section below was so cold it was almost unreal. Not much grew there.
The bus made a few stops along the way. This was my favorite stop. In order to see what I wanted to see, I had to run, stop, take a picture and then run some more. Repeat about twenty times. That's the downside of a tour. I prefer to decide how long I will look at something.
There are no shortages of graveyards in Ireland. This was just one of many. Most of the stones were no longer readable.
This was a tiny church nearby. I wish that I had had time to read the signs and find out more about the area and how old it was, but I had to keep running. If I had been smart, I would have taken pictures of the signs and read them later. Next time.

This a shockingly green swath of lawn that was kept mowed by sheep.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 5/22/2006 05:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. those are cool pics. I need a sheep. :)

You've been tagged, btw.

 
At 5/22/2006 11:10:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Lovely. It's the "green" that always amazes me - but I guess that's why it's called the emerald isle :-)

 
At 5/23/2006 05:24:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

You are SO making me want to go to Ireland.

 
At 5/23/2006 08:37:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, I'm still working on the meme. It's a hard one.

I need a sheep too, but I'm afraid that it would eat flowers and not just grass.

Karen, it is very green, but it is also very wet all of the time. I guess that is the price for green.

Gary, I already want to go back and see the things that I missed. It's a trip worth taking.

 
At 5/24/2006 12:42:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

OOoo i like those photos! The green in Ireland is so green!
It's roads look very narrow...spooky!

 
At 5/24/2006 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, those were some of the wider roads. With the narrow roads, there is no stripe down the middle.

 
At 5/25/2006 03:59:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

There's a pump spray I got at the nursery called "Liquid Fence" that keeps the deer from eating my plants (so far). Maybe it would keep the sheep from eating your flowers. :)

Great photos. A lot of your photos are composed just like I would do. Love the roads that wind out of sight.

 
At 5/26/2006 12:15:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Maron. Now I can look up what I saw and try to make sense of it.

Dave, if I got a sheep, it would end up sleeping in bed with me.

Thanks for the complement. I'm glad that you like the photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home