web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Bottom Problems

We have a skin cream at work for diaper rash. It is a whitish paste that is applied in the usual areas that are covered by a diaper. Diaper rash is a major problem with old folks.

Skipping ahead, one of my coworkers went into a room to check on her patient and the patient's normally rosy complexion was now a ghastly, ashen grey color. The nurse panicked. She just knew that her patient had died. The nurse ran over and shook the patient and she woke up.

It turned out that the patient's granddaughter had applied the diaper rash cream to the patient's face. I don't know why, perhaps she thought that it was moisturizer. It was harmless, except for scaring her nurse silly.

Another patient was in the ER with a broken hip. The doctor noticed that the patient had poopy pants and asked the nurses to clean her up. They said that they couldn't because the patient had a broken hip. They told the doctor that they would just send the patient upstairs and that we would take care of it. This conversation was overheard by the transporter who brought us the patient.

It may come as a surprise to those ER nurses, but the patient still had a broken hip when we received her. We have no special tricks for cleaning bottoms. We just do what they should have done, roll, wash and listen to the screams. Lazy bitches.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 05:20:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

That wasn't very nice of those ER nurses. I guess they thought they could get away with it, and I guess they were right.

Hope you have a nice, relatively stress free week.

 
At 5/30/2006 06:03:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

not nice at all....

you have really got me into wild flowers now... I think I spent most of my evening looking up the ones that I find in my garden.

 
At 5/30/2006 03:01:00 PM, Blogger beajerry said...

Butt paste on the face! That's great!

 
At 5/30/2006 06:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lazy bitches? Just because they think you're magic? :)

 
At 5/31/2006 01:05:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gary, they do get away with it every time.

Madwag, now you can share my wildflower obsession.

Beajerry, I wish I could report whether or not it was a good face cream, but the patient really did die the next day.

Lisa, you're right. I should be flattered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home