web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Day

Things I accomplished today:

1) Lost my debit card. Again. One of these days, the bank is going to refuse to give me a new one. This time I lost it at the bank. After my transaction, I forgot to take my card back out of the machine.

2) Replaced the fabric in the screen door. Since last summer, I've had a Golden Retriever sized hole in my screen door. If I had known how easy they are to replace, I would have done something about this last summer. I wonder how long it will be before I get another Golden Retriever sized hole in the door?

3) Killed ants.

4) Vacuumed dead ants and the rest of the house while I was at it.

5) Washed Murphy. His fur was green from the pond. People look at you funny when you have a green dog.

6) Tried to print my vacation pictures. It shouldn't be this hard. I ran out of time and will need to work on it some other day when I have a block of several hours to play with it.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

The dog was green? *giggle*

I am very glad that the cash machines in germany work the other way round - the card comes out first and until you have removed it, the cash stays in. That way, you can't forget your card.

 
At 5/30/2006 11:00:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

have you looked into sending the jpg files to a place that will print them for you and send them to your home? I have done that and am happy w/ the results.

 
At 5/31/2006 11:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once saw an entire fielld of green sheep! (It has recently rained.) It must have made some really pretty sweaters!

 
At 5/31/2006 01:52:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen, the lower half of Murph that soaks in the pond was green, but it's an ugly blackish-green. If it were a nice shade I might leave it.

Madwag, I'm considering doing that. My computer keeps freezing when I try to print.

Connie, they must have looked like those statues that sprout when watered, chia pet?

 
At 5/31/2006 06:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please say you're not printing your pictures at home. It's way less expensive to upload them to snapfish.com and have them sent to you, plus you'll get a lasting finish.

 
At 5/31/2006 07:19:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Lisa, I'll try them. I can't believe how expensive printer ink is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home