web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hot Chocolate

I guess I should have turned the air conditioner on. It was a little on the hot side, but tolerable, I thought. It wasn't until my father opened a box of chocolate covered cherries that I realized my error in judgment. The chocolates were all melted.

The directions with the chocolates said not to leave them in the sun or a hot car, so I didn't. They were on top of the piano, next to an interior wall far away from any windows. I guess the directions should also have said to keep them in an air conditioned room. Maybe it didn't occur to them that anyone would allow their house to get so hot.

There are two reasons that I hate to turn the air conditioner on. One reason is that I'm cheap. The other reason is that I like all of the windows and doors wide open. I like the feeling of bringing the outdoors inside and the feel of fresh breezes. For the same reason, my house is freezing in the winter.

On the bright side, I didn't fall down today, not even once. We won't talk about the number of times I tripped.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 6/18/2006 10:39:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

I love having all doors and windows open this time of year (air-conditioning isn't usual here - you'd only need to turn it on three or four times a year ;-)

 
At 6/19/2006 01:43:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

in the middle of our pond is about 3 feet or so deep...where the pump is and about one foot deep on the sides... I think.

 
At 6/19/2006 11:24:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I am so glad you were able to stay on 2 feet!

 
At 6/20/2006 02:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lace Curtain irish.. In the 1800 irish lace was very ecpensive and only the wealthiest landowners amd gentry could afford to buy it. Such buyers of lace were referred to as Lace Curtain Irish .. Jimmy from Ireland ..

 
At 6/21/2006 12:45:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen, it sounds nice to live some place where air conditioning isn't needed.

Madwag, I think my pond is about 21/2 feet deep.

Michelle, me too, but at least I'm good at falling.

Thanks, Jimmy. I'm glad that it's not a derogatory term, I was reluctant to use the term.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home