web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Satan's Bite

My bug bite is getting worse. It's now four inches in diameter, plus it's starting to hurt. The bite happened on 6/6/06, causing me to wonder if Satan had anything to do with it. I never saw what got me; perhaps he nipped me when I wasn't looking.

Yesterday seemed like it was time to see a doctor. I asked my supervisor if I could go downstairs to the urgent care clinic, but she thought that a hydrocortisone cream would take care of it. She said that I could go today if it didn't work. Well, it didn't work, but today she thought that it looked better, so she said to just take a benadryl tonight. She said that if the house doctor happened to come to my floor, I could show it to him. (She just didn't want a nurse to leave the floor.)

My favorite doctor was the house doctor tonight and he did come visit. It was embarrassing, but I opened up my top so that he could see the boob bite. Finally, I got some action. Oh, that didn't come out quite right. What I meant was that he did something. He got on the phone and called in a prescription for an antibiotic. If it doesn't get better in two days, I'll need IV antibiotics. It's cellulitis.

The doctor did say one annoying thing, the infection could be caused by an ingrown hair on my chest. Just so you know, I do not have chest hair.There were two small holes where each tiny fang entered my skin. Chest hair, indeed! A tiny bit of peach fuzz, maybe, but not hair.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 6/12/2006 06:00:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

Oh ouch! I hope you get better soon. I had a boil on my bum... in not such a good place on my bum...I wanted to die when I went to the doctor to have it checked. I was put on antibiotics and creams...thank goodness it worked or else I would have had to go to A&E to have it lanced... ugh.

 
At 6/12/2006 11:29:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I hope you get better soon.

Ever think of suing your supervisor for malpractice? :)

 
At 6/13/2006 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, I lanced mine myself. Nurses just can't resist doing surgery on themselves.

Dave, antibiotics, when they work, are miraculous. The color has changed from red to pink and the swelling is down. In another day or two, I should be able to wear a tank top.

That would be an interesting legal issue. I'm glad that I don't have any damages to sue for.

 
At 6/13/2006 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL, omg i shouldn't laugh...cellulitis is no laughing matter, but the chest hair thingy and the way you wrote everything just makes me laugh!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home