web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Alarming Letter And A Boob Bug

A shocking letter arrived in the mail. AARP wants me to join. ME?! I'm not old enough to join some old folks organization. How dare they send me such a letter. It turns out, though, that I am old enough. It's open to fifty year olds. How depressing.

Last night, I felt an itchy bump on my boob. It looked like a bug had bitten me. This morning I woke up with what looked like a third nipple. Just what I need. There will be no photos of this. It's just too embarrassing. It's going to be awhile before I can wear tank tops again.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 6/08/2006 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Scott McLean said...

Hi, I like your site. Good luck and take care.

 
At 6/09/2006 12:43:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Scott. I'm glad that you could visit. I enjoyed your posts on the Phillipines. It gave me new insight into my coworkers.

 
At 6/09/2006 05:36:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I have a potential 3rd nipple too!!
I was lying in bed doing a self boob exam for lumps, and i found one!! I switched the lamp on and there was a bump on the outside of my boob.........damn bugs!

 
At 6/09/2006 04:33:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

I remember when I got my letter from AARP when I turned 50. Quite the shock! I felt the same way you do, still do seven years later as a matter of fact :)

 
At 6/09/2006 09:03:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, I hope that your bug bite is almost gone. Mine keeps growing. It's now 3 inches in diamenter.

Irene, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who resents getting old people stuff while still in our prime.

 
At 6/09/2006 09:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Son't let it worry you. I started getting AARP letters when I was 36. They're just confused, is all. Have you been to an AARP office lately? :) Confused people work there.

 
At 6/09/2006 10:52:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

In your case they were confused. In my case, I really am old enough to join.

 
At 6/10/2006 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I have been getting stuff from AARP for a few years. It used to irritate me but now I look forward to it because it means I wil be RETIRED! I am so sick of working all these hours!

 
At 6/11/2006 12:27:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

It's not right to have to work so many hours. Who decided that 40 hours was a normal work week? I bet it was some man who had a wife to take care of the home front. We have to do it all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home