web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Cabbage Time



My cabbage did well this year, at least the green cabbage did. The tiny, red cabbage is in my hand. It would be fun to leave the cabbage and see how much bigger it gets, but more tomatoes need to go in and there is no other place to put them.

Anyone have some good cabbage recipes to share?


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 6/14/2006 04:48:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Wow! That is amazing. But it reminds me of Audrey the "meat" eating plant in Little Shop of Horrors ... be afraid, be very afraid ;)

 
At 6/14/2006 09:26:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Heres my receipe for cabbage rolls ~~~use the outer cabbage leaves, rinse them.
Depending on how many you intend to feed, you need about a pound of ground beef, a diced onion, pine nuts,a clove of garlic all cooked up in frying pan, drain the fat.

fill each cabbage leaf with the meat mixture, and roll up the cabbage leaf, insert a few tootpicks to hold together. Once you've done them all, pop them all into a baking dish or casserole dish or crock pot, and cover with tomato soup. Cook slowly for around 45 mins
Hey Presto! Serve with salad and crunchy bread.....then invite me over!

 
At 6/14/2006 09:56:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

Oh man is my hubby going to be jealous! He is growing peas, carrots, sprouts, asparus, artichoke, and a broad been plant that Bex's little one planted at school. Sadly all of his tomato plants bit the dust this year. I agree about stuffed cabbage, it is yummers.

 
At 6/15/2006 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Irene, I haven't removed it yet. Now, you got me scared. :)

Michelle, that sounds so good, I'll try it. Want to come over on Saturday?

Madwag, your husband is growing all kinds of stuff that I can't grow. Too bad about the tomatoes, though. It must be a challenge to grow those in England.

 
At 6/17/2006 02:54:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

If i leave now i should be there for dinner, only an 18hr flight to LAX :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home