web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Competing Prints

I saw this little number in a Target ad. Is it just me or is this just about the worst combination of prints imaginable?

Sometimes when just hanging around the house, my dad will wear something like that. No, he doesn't wear a skirt. What I mean is that he sometimes wears competing prints, but he's a man, so what do you expect? I'm surprised with all of the money that ad must have cost Target, that this is the best outfit they could come up with.

It didn't end up in the photo, but the model is also wearing bobby socks, yellow I think, with sandals. What do you think of this outfit? Would you wear it?


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 7/31/2006 12:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hounds-tooth and floral??? Yuck!

 
At 7/31/2006 01:44:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

What's wrong with that?

 
At 7/31/2006 03:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if they pay me, i will :)

 
At 7/31/2006 04:59:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

No, I wouldn't wear it.

 
At 7/31/2006 06:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad to say, but I've seen this in other places, as well.. as in plaid skirt and floral top... totally mismatched, but somehow together. I think it's cool, myself, although I don't care for houndstooth at all... especially bright green houndstooth.

No, I wouldn't wear that.

 
At 7/31/2006 06:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather wear the pond pump that Murphy was wearing than that god-awful outfit. You know, they paid someone good money to come up with that look!

Sallie

 
At 8/01/2006 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

I'm with Sally...but I do like some mix and match looks... my daughter came up w/ one yesterday. I took a pic w/ my phone and will try to upload it to my computer later... camo's w/ a baby blue silk dress and a fluffy purple vest... he he he...

 
At 8/01/2006 12:36:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yuck, yuck and double yuck!

 
At 8/01/2006 01:54:00 PM, Blogger Surgeon In My Dreams said...

I would be far more apt to wear Murph's Fur Accessory! of course...thats just me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home