web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Splash And Running Lights

I took a shower and washed my hair as usual before getting ready for work. I had a few extra minutes and noticed that the pond filter needed cleaning. It would only take a minute, so I walked to the edge of the pond, lost my balance and fell in.

The pond is so icky. It looks and feels like split pea soup. I also bumped into a fish. EWWW. I like looking at them, but hate touching them. They feel the same way about me, I'm sure. Afterwards, I took my second shower of the day.





Driving to work, I was in the intersection waiting to make a left turn. The light turned yellow and as usual, cars kept coming, so I waited. The light turned red and there was one last truck barreling towards me. I may be absent-minded and a little ditzy sometimes, but I'm not foolish enough to turn in front of a speeding truck. I had the right of way, but being right doesn't do much good if you're dead. While waiting for the truck to finish running the red light, the driver behind me blared his horn. It is a good thing that I'm not armed.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 7/24/2006 11:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would have been fun to show up at work with green hair!

 
At 7/24/2006 01:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, another Lady in the Water?
(For non-locals: there just opened a new movie with this title.)
Melissa, did your security camera perchance catch this dip? err, drip?

 
At 7/24/2006 01:56:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

LA. Gotta love it.

Sorry about the pond scum thing. At least you didn't injure yourself.

 
At 7/24/2006 11:10:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yikes! I'm glad you never had an accident!

 
At 7/24/2006 11:45:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

So it is definitely not suitable as a swimming pool? ;-)

 
At 7/25/2006 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Connie, it takes several coats to turn green. I was mostly stinky.

Paul, I did take a re-enactment photo, but it was too cheesy to post, even for me.

Gary, you mean that Houston drivers don't behave like that?

Michelle, I always expect the worst from other drivers, so I can only be pleasantly surprised on occasion.

Karen, the water was warm and the day was hot, so it did feel rather good if you could get past the ewww factor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home