web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ungrateful Bums

The stabbing victim's mom has announced that she expects us to send our security guards home with them when her son is discharged. I should try to be non-judgmental, but if one of the patient's gang-banger friends is out to get him, I don't care. Really, I don't. Even if I did care, it wouldn't change anything. This is a hospital, not a security firm.

These people are taking advantage of us and management is treating them like VIP's, kowtowing to their every whim. Because the poor mamma's boy didn't like the food that we were giving him, his mom demanded a cafeteria pass. The pass entitles her to go down to the cafeteria, get anything she wants and we pay for it. I saw her come back from the cafeteria carrying seven full platters of food. The patient is a big boy, over 300 pounds, but I doubt that even he is eating that much food three times a day. I'm sure that we are feeding their entire family.

They also expect us to send our nurses to their home after he is discharged. That is a service we provide, but only to members. Have I mentioned that they have no insurance? The mom thinks that they should be entitled to the same benefits as members. It's not good enough that we have provided three weeks of hospitalization for free, they keep demanding more, more and more.

There is one thing that I have noticed. Stabbing and shooting victims never seem to have insurance. Why is that?


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 7/24/2006 02:04:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

that is just really sickening. when I was a weekend manager at the Ronald McDonald House I saw a lot of stuff like that... I got so angry at the people that we were trying to help but they would take and take and take then steal everything out of the room when the left... jerks.

 
At 7/25/2006 12:24:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I just don't understand what makes some people tick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home