web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Shy Penis And A Fire Reward

"Where is your penis?" I can't believe that my coworker asked her patient that, but she insists that she did. I can understand wondering that. I've been in that situation myself, where you need to do something to a penis and it's not there, but I would never say anything. I just look, palpate and probe until I find it.

The poor guy just said that he would pull it out for her. He was morbidly obese, plus uncircumcised, which led to the penis being completely internal. He reached in, extracted it and handed it to her. She lost her grip and it snapped back in like a tape measure. He had to reach back in and pull it out again. She got him catheterized, but I wonder if he'll survive the humiliation. Dating must be hell for him.

********************************

The speakers at work blared out, "Code red, eighth floor, manual pull station." This was repeated several times as the doors automatically slammed shut, the fire alarmed chimed and the strobe lights flashed. We have code reds all the time, but not on my floor. Within seconds employees from other floors, carrying fire extinguishers, came running from the stairwells. It was all quite dramatic and must have been scary for the little kid who pulled the fire alarm for the fun of it.

Afterwards, a manager gave the kid a carton of juice to help him feel better. I'm not saying that we should have beat the kid up, but isn't that sending the wrong message to reward him for wrong behavior? The next time he's thirsty, he may pull another fire alarm.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 7/15/2006 07:56:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

hey at least he had the obesity to cover it..I dated a skinny guy with a little itty bitty winky once..

 
At 7/15/2006 07:42:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I guess, just like bellybuttons, there are innie and outie penises.
Right now I have this hilarious vision of you trying to palpate an innie. :

Hope you are enjoying your new car.

 
At 7/15/2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Oh, this is so dreadful but also so hilarious!

 
At 7/16/2006 01:22:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ew ew ew ew ew!!

 
At 7/16/2006 07:00:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Just when I think I've heard everything...

 
At 7/16/2006 07:22:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Becky, both situations must be horrible for a guy, but I would choose a small winky over an internal one. The latter looks like something awful happened and it's gone.

Gary, it's funny as long as it's not happening to you. I hate it when I reach in a fold and come out empty handed and then have to prod some more.

Karen, back at the nursing station, we do get a good laugh afterwards.

Michelle, does that mean that you have no desire to ever look for an innie penis?

Alan, stick with me and eventually you will hear of everything.

 
At 7/16/2006 07:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

an innie penis? ew, never heard of it.

 
At 7/16/2006 09:53:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I had never heard of it either until one day I needed to catheterize a man and his penis was missing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home