web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

New Car Anxiety


I don't know where to start. It was a busy, stressful day, but it ended with this in my driveway. I hope that I did the right thing.

I wanted to test drive a Honda, but I couldn't find the dealership. I knew what street it was on, it must be big, but I couldn't find it and gave up. While driving around looking for it, I passed the Saturn dealership and saw the Sky parked out front. It was too snazzy not to notice and I just had to take a closer look.

It did not come with a spare tire, which was a deal-breaker for me. (Attention car manufacturers: You would be able to sell more cars if you designed cars with spare tires.) There was, however, a Nissan 350Z sitting nearby. It had a spare tire. Being two years old, it was also affordable.

I took it for a test drive and it handled beautifully and fit me perfectly. It was also an automatic, a major plus. Long story short, it's mine.

I'm feeling anxious right now, but I guess that's normal. It's not everyday that I spend that kind of money. I took Murphy for a drive with the top down, but he didn't care for it. The seat wasn't big enough for him, but that's okay. I still have the station wagon for the boys to ride in.


~ Home

13 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 06:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a pretty car! I'm glad you got your sports car. You deserve it!

 
At 7/11/2006 07:29:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

OOOooo, lovely car, lovely colour, you look gorgeous :o)

You're so Hollywood!

 
At 7/11/2006 09:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin' good. Have you enough garage space to keep all the vehicles under cover? (For the overseas readers: The standing joke in Southern California is that garages are for storage - let the vehicles sit in the street.)

 
At 7/11/2006 09:58:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, thanks, and I'll follow the advice in your email and consider it to be my fiftieth birthday present.

Michelle, well, Hollywood is just over the hill from me. No, make that two hills over.

Paul, thanks for all of your help and sending me that article. I appreciate all of the trouble that you went to.

Both cars are in the garage, but I did have to move a few things to make room. The real challenge was getting both cars home. The salesman helped with that chore.(Rescued once again by a man. *sigh*)

 
At 7/11/2006 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Lovely car - quite hot, actually ;-)

 
At 7/12/2006 04:58:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Looks good. Should be a lot of fun to cruise around in.

 
At 7/12/2006 05:55:00 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Very nice! Enjoy, you have more than earned it :)

 
At 7/12/2006 07:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa! looking pretty hot...congratulations!

 
At 7/12/2006 07:54:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

That is an awesome car!!! I want one too.... sigh

 
At 7/12/2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yippee!! Congratulations...I know you have been secretly coveting a sporty convertible for some time now. So, I guess you got it Tues, which means I have completely lost track of your days off now. I have this whole week off (for now) and it is flying by. I have only completed half of my chores, and the list has doubled (the new shade trees are being delivered today)...think digging giant holes in 105 degrees:( Who knew the giant shade tree store in Mission Hills was on the way to the bank in Sherman Oaks 5 mins from my house?...I guess I got lost. I'm still glad you have your dogmobile, I need to see you and Murphy and the boys soon! Let me know when you have time:)

 
At 7/12/2006 02:23:00 PM, Blogger gemmak said...

Wow...nice car :o)

 
At 7/12/2006 07:12:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Wow. You look like a movie star.

 
At 7/13/2006 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen, given how hot it is here, it's hot in every sense of the word. Thank goodness for AC.

Alan, it's not really great to cruise in, the suspension is too stiff to be comfortable, but it is fun on curves.

Andrea, since I paid cash for it, I certainly earned the money that paid for it. :)

May, thanks.

Madwag, your kids and pets wouldn't fit. Oh, I have an idea, I'll trade you the car for your great kids.

Sarah, you were on the way to Sherman Oaks and ended up in Mission Hills? Subconsiously, I think that you really wanted to go to the tree store.

My next days off are Sat. and next Fri. You choose.

Gemmak, thanks.

Gary, the sunglasses help. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home