web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Puddles Of Piddle

I worked tonight, so I can't be sure what transpired in my absence, but one thing I'm sure of, it must have been bad. There are puddles and trails of piddle all over the carpet. It looks like all three dogs were running in circles while peeing. The last time I remember seeing anything like that was after the earthquake.

I suspect the new neighbors. Last night they were playing with sparklers. Maybe tonight they advanced to fireworks.

I wish that people would leave fireworks to the pro's. Fireworks are illegal here for a reason. They're dangerous. The hillsides here are covered in dry brush and all it would take is one spark to start a conflagration. My house is surrounded by trees. If they caught one of my trees on fire, my house would catch fire too. The hospitals also become filled with people suffering from fireworks injuries which increases my work load. And number one on my list, it scares pets.

I wish that I could stay home on the fourth to protect and comfort my dogs, but that's not possible. People insist on getting sick even on holidays. Maybe I could give them some tranquilizers to keep them calm and maybe sleep through it. After I'm done drugging the neighbors, then the dogs will be happy. You don't think that I would drug my dogs do you?


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 7/04/2006 04:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! I think you should drug the neighbors. Just a little Tylenol PM or something. :)

 
At 7/04/2006 05:16:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

My cat runs the other direction when he hears firecrackers. I feel sorry for him.

 
At 7/04/2006 06:52:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, I was thinking of something much better than that. The problem would be getting them to eat it. The "good stuff" is bitter. :)

Gary, firecrackers should be outlawed. Oh wait, they are.

 
At 7/04/2006 09:54:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Hi Melissa,

Just popped over from Michelle's blog. Enjoyed reading through your previous posts. Didn't know pee could be such an inspiration for stories. :)

Fireworks are banned in our city, but the idiots still set them off. Fortunately, it rains alot around the Seattle area, and it is usually a bit damp around the 4th.

Been down to Santa Clarita a couple times at Magic Mountain. Always a fun place.

 
At 7/04/2006 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

I've had the same problem New Year's Eve, which is when fireworks are set off in Germany. I have found out that keeping the radio or stereo on in the house at a higher volume (just enough to "cover" the noises from outside) helps enormously.

 
At 7/05/2006 04:10:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I always feel so bad for animals when this kind of thing goes on. You often read stories about animals going missing during times of firecrackers even thunder and lightening freaks them out :((

 
At 7/05/2006 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, thanks for visiting. Bodily fluids are a major part of my life. I just want to share my joy. :)

I have a post coming up soon regarding Magic Mountain. Stay tuned.

Karen, we get fireworks for New Years too. I'll try that for next time.

Michelle, I try to explain to the boys that it's okay and I smile and act cheery to let them know nothing is wrong, but they don't believe me.

 
At 7/05/2006 09:21:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I'll be looking forward to the Magic Mountain post. The Riddler had just opened last time I was there. Front row on the Superman is still my favorite. What a rush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home