web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Strawberry Blonde Concussion

The six pound bag of individually frozen strawberries was not individually frozen. It was a solid six pound strawberry rock. I needed some loose berries to make a smoothy, so I tried to pry some loose. No luck. I tapped the bag on the counter. No luck. I slammed the bag down on the counter. No luck. Soon I was beating the bag against the floor, swinging the bag over my head, harder and harder, like a pick-axe.

Who knows how these things happen. Somehow I hit myself in the head with the strawberries. Owwwww! Who knew that in addition to being a tasty snack, strawberries are also a deadly weapon?


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 7/06/2006 07:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear frozen veggies (and fruits) make an excellent ice pack. Food, ice pack, deadly weapon; who knew they had so many uses?

 
At 7/06/2006 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

*grin*

Oh my... ;-)

 
At 7/07/2006 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Connie, and the best part is that you can destroy the evidence by having a smoothy.

Karen, why is it that you never seem to have the kind of blonde problems that I have. Even Connie recently got hit by an exploding squash in the microwave.

 
At 7/07/2006 04:29:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Either Karen doesn't get killer squash type catastrophes... or she's conspiring in a coverup. :)

 
At 7/07/2006 10:26:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, I think that it's the latter possibility. :)

HDT, you're blonde too, aren't you. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home