web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Blogaversary

Hey, I just realized something. This is the one year anniversary of my blog. Dave Goodman of emusings kept nagging me to get my own blog. I was blogging in his comments section on a regular basis, so in a way, I've been blogging for over a year now.

This started out as an experiment. I wasn't sure if I would do it for more than a month or two. I also wasn't sure what I would write about. I wanted to keep things light and funny as much as possible. If people wanted sadness and tragedy, hospitals could sell tickets.

I did not want this to be a professional blog and was, and still am, a little alarmed that my name has been added to the blogroll of professional nursing blogs. Although everything I write is true, I try to approach things from a silly angle. Most nursing blogs are so serious that they could be attached to resumes. I didn't think that I would fit in because I try to be silly and I'm not writing for medical professionals, but I've gained more readers, so I guess that I'm worrying for nothing.

My biggest surprise has been my stats. I hit the 15,000 mark a few weeks ago. Of course it's not 15,000 different people reading my blog, it's mostly the same people re-visiting, but still, I never dreamed that I would have those kind of stats.

This blog is no longer an experiment. I'm completely and hopelessly addicted. Thanks, Dave (I think) and thank you to everyone who visits me.


~ Home

10 Comments:

At 7/14/2006 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

I guess it looks like I'm the first to offer congratulations. I for one am glad you started blogging and that I stumbled across it. I like your style of writing; witty and amusing. If it was serious, well ... I probably wouldn't keep visiting :) Looking forward to many more of your blogs to come.

 
At 7/14/2006 02:03:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Oh sure, blame it on me! ;)

Congrats on your Blogiversary. Just keep nursing it along and you'll make your next one in no time! heh

 
At 7/14/2006 04:01:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I always enjoy your blog and appreciate the silly side of things. Keep it up.

 
At 7/14/2006 06:08:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Congratulations!! 15,000 hits is no mean feat, well done, i think it must have been all those bikini shots!!
I love reading about your goings on at work ( i have learned not to read you whilst eating though!) and of course your boys and beautiful garden :o)

 
At 7/14/2006 06:25:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I am glad I discovered your blog. It is definately one of my favorites.

 
At 7/14/2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Congrats on your Blogaversary :-)

Keep up the good work!

 
At 7/16/2006 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, I have to blame someone. :)

Thanks everyone for your congratulations.

 
At 7/17/2006 07:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh don'tever stop seeing things from a silly point of view...that's what keeps the nurses sane!

And congrats on your blogaversary! I'm exactly 48 years younger than your blog and one year behind you in the age thing.

I am not, however, blond and blue-eyed.

I have the brunette, freckles and pug nose thang goin' on.

And I do believe two of me equals one of you in the size department! LOL!

Congrats again! : )

 
At 7/17/2006 07:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops, I meant "older" than your blog...

My mind is going.....

 
At 7/17/2006 08:03:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm about twice as big as most of the nurses I work with, so if you are like them, then I would tower over you too. :)

Forty nine is harder than being fifty, because you're dreading turning the big 5-O. It's a relief to get it over with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home