web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Missiles And Socks

This is our new hospital. Some new appendages have suddenly appeared on the roof.


It looks like some kind of missile system to me. We are under the flight path for Burbank Airport. I wonder if the hospital plans on shooting down the planes?

Like most people, I have a problem with the occasional missing sock. I found this sock in the bottom of the pond. But it wasn't lonely. There was also a pillow down there.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 7/14/2006 04:50:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

How can you not miss a pillow?? Or, do your boys have their own pillows :o)

 
At 7/14/2006 05:16:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Very interesting. I'm guessing ventilations system of some type, but nothing I've seen before. I noticed the array of stacks is very symetrical.

Have flown into Burbank many times. Take offs on the short runway with a full load are always interesting. They back the plane up to the fence, bring it up to full throttle, release the brake, and zoom, it's off like a dragster.

 
At 7/14/2006 08:57:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Is it yours? (The sock, I mean, not the missiles.)

I once did a touch-and-go at Burbank in a small Cessna. That's interesting too. :)

 
At 7/14/2006 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, Murph is the one who takes my pillows and socks. I've tried giving him his own pillows, but he only likes mine. I have so many pillows that if one or two are missing, I don't notice.

Alan, that sounds so scary. If something goes wrong, there is no margin for error. I think that I'll stick to LAX.

Dave, it is mine and it is pale pink when not covered in pond scum.

Do you still fly sometimes?

 
At 7/14/2006 02:05:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

No, I never got my pilot's license. I got as far as flying solo, but ran out of time and money. (And flying out of Van Nuys Airport, where I was learning, was so busy it scared me.)

 
At 7/15/2006 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I've read that Van Nuys Airport is the busiest airport in the country. Unlike the airports that handle jumbo jets, the little planes take off and land just a few seconds apart. I was at one time interested in flying, but flying in LA scared me too much.

 
At 7/17/2006 08:30:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Not to appear too geeky, but did you ever verify what these devices are?

 
At 7/18/2006 12:27:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

No. It will remain a mystery. (Actually, I have no idea who to ask.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home