web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Meow

While preparing the dogs' dinner, I heard a meow. I spun around expecting to see a cat, but there were only three hungry dogs staring back at me. About an hour later, I heard it again. It was still in the kitchen. The cat was in distress.

I looked around, behind and under all of the furniture and appliances and opened all of the cabinets. I started meowing hoping that it would answer back, but all that did was upset the dogs. It's a good thing that my house doesn't have any crawl spaces or I would have had to look there too. I could not find the cat.

Later, I was sitting at my computer and heard the meow again. It was my computer doing that. What's up with that? Did my computer catch a feline virus?


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 7/13/2006 03:58:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

The fan in my computer is noisy, but it doesn't meow! I think i have been ripped off!

 
At 7/13/2006 11:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe one of your dogs is bilingual!

 
At 7/14/2006 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, at least you have a cat that can provide meowing for you.

Connie, it's possible that not only are they bilingual, but they can throw their voices so that I think that it came from the computer. :)

 
At 7/17/2006 07:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm....if you get an email, does your computer let you know?

Maybe the "cat" sound is accidentally chosen as the tone used for a new email.

My tone sounds like Star Trek - very spacy....

 
At 7/17/2006 07:56:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

My computer says, "You got mail." Sometimes I'll also hear a creaky door opening and slamming shut, but the meow was something new. It hasn't done it since that one day. What's with the creaky door?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home