web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hate At First Sight


I once had a Golden Retriever named Chaucer. My parents had a Dalmation. The Dalmation was young and playful while Chaucer was old and arthritic. The Dalmation would jump on Chaucer causing him to collapse to the floor. I would pick him back up and then he would get knocked down again. Chaucer grew to hate the Dalmation.

One day I was walking Chaucer and he saw a life-size Dalmation statue in someone's front yard. Despite his advanced old age and frailty, he took off after it, dragging me along for the ride. He leaped on the statue and dug his teeth into the back of its neck. Instantly he realized his mistake. He had thought that it was the evil Dalmation. Sheepishly, he continued on the walk. He learned from his mistake and never attacked that statue again.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 7/16/2006 02:02:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I wonder if that was one of the old Wheel Of Fortune prizes?

 
At 7/16/2006 07:09:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

You say that like it's a bad thing. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home