web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Clean Socks Rule

I stumbled upon the employee dress code at work and found an interesting difference between men and women. It states for women, "Stockings or socks are to be worn while on duty." In the dress code for men, it states that, "Clean socks must be worn at all times." (Emphasis added.)

My employer apparently does not find it necessary to ask women to wear clean socks, but where men are concerned, nothing is assumed.

I guess this means that I can continue to wear dirty socks.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 7/25/2006 01:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I probably woulnd't hurt to remind them to wash behind their ears, either.

 
At 7/25/2006 05:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They figure that the men either need explicit instructions OR they are more likely to wear dirty socks. :)

 
At 7/26/2006 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Connie, the dress code also forgot to tell them to wear clean underwear.

Lisa, I suspect that it's the latter, from what I know about men.

 
At 7/26/2006 05:32:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

If you turn underwear inside-out, you can get an extra day out of them.

 
At 7/28/2006 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, tell me something that I don't know. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home